Welcome to the AAP and KDP journey. I am a firm believer of RnD and planning. Without plan you will fail and those who do plan but do not improvise, fail miserably just before they were about to succeed. Yesterday I blogged about how I have started on an ambitious journey and mentioned my plan of action in simple and less elaborated 4 steps. Surprisingly one of the readers stepped forward to mail me asking for a more detailed plan of action. Told me he is already working on amazon and would love to hear my point of view. So this is for you mate. Remember I will go through this all as the journey progresses and more things will be added as we move along. Improvising is the key to success. Hence stay tuned and I am open to your suggestions.
As I go along I will be working on a TO-DO list and a cheat sheet that you can post on your bulletin board or wall and follow it one at a time. However it will not be ready in the near future as you understand I am just starting on this journey and lot of hurdles are yet to come. Best Suggestion – Dont wait. START NOW.
Nothing will work if you fail to work on this. Amazon is perhaps the largest eComerce site on planet Earth and sells everything from toys to furniture and electronics to grocery. You name a physical product and chances are that they have got it. Since our aim is to build just 20 authority blogs, there are way too many choices here. How to begin.
This is how I am getting started.
- There should be enough interest in the niche. If there are not thousands of people talking about the products then obviously we are in the wrong section. In short there should be enough demand for the niche.
- There should be enough people asking questions about the topic, product or niche in general. If there are enough number of people asking questions then we can deliver an ebook that answers their questions or queries. An ebook that answers a question or solves a problem should do well.
- Choose a niche with many products and not just many products but many quality products. In fact not just quality products but a wide variety of products.
- If possible go for a hobby niche. Now this is powerful for of marketing and pays immensely when done right. People are willing to spend thousands and millions literally for their hobby. For example the over saturated dog niche. But lets also not ignore the golf niche. Now thats an expensive hobby to undertake but the powerful and the rich are willing to spend big on these stuff!! I will give you another example because I am feel good today Take the music industry. Musicians are on of the few people who are still connected to their souls. They are a passionate race and feel and believe in everything that they do.
- Volume and sales. Check whether the products in the niche are hitting good numbers and there is a scope for further marketing.
- Always do you your homework and keyword research. I can write all day on this topic so I am going to leave it to that.
- Content is still king and even more so with the new changes that google is implementing. I will give you a pro tip. Write good and solid content packed with good information and do minimal seo /smm or as much as you can but dont fret it. Dont sweat it. You will do good.
One at a Time
Its already March and I am on blog no. 1 at the moment. A bit late if you ask me. But its never too late. So one at a time simply means build and develop one blog at a time. Since we have about 9 more months before the holiday season dividing that would come to around 2-3 blogs a month.
Note that the blog that launches in the month of April will have 9 months while the last blog which launches in the month of December will have less than one month. Thats not fair and thats not good planning so how to resolve this problem.
We build 3 blogs every month and reinvest everything we make into hiring VAs (Virtual Assistants) to help us speed up things and manage all those assets. At the rate of 3 blogs a month we will hit 20 in the month of October. That will give us 2 months to indulge into heavy marketing and promotions.
Building Backlinks and Generating Traffic
If you are writing killer content and providing really quality stuff but not getting any hits then all your efforts will be in vain. You need to work on building backlinks and traffic from day one your site goes live. These are some of the ways you can go about it. Test Test and Test again to see what is working for you and which methods are getting you more visitors and what areas converts best for you. Cut the rest and move forward with the best. This will save both time and resources.
- Press releases for before launching your blog and each books.
- Blog comments (no spam and provide value – niche related blogs only)
- Forum posting (no spam and provide value – niche related blogs only)
- Social bookmarking (You can either do it manually or hire someone to do it for you on fiverr)
- Social media sites like twitter, facebook, pinterest, instagram, etc.
- eMail marketing and broadcasting
- PPC (Though I am not yet into it I am looking for ways to get into it using free coupons!! )
- News and article sydication or article submission
- Guest posts – one of the most powerful techniques of getting laser targeted traffic and good backlinks that stick.
- Polls, surveys and contests to build more interest and traffic.
These are just some of the ways I can think of right now. Get creative and there are many ways to get backlinks and drive traffic to your blogs.
Kindle Direct Publishing
Within a couple of weeks after your blog goes live, start working on your ebook. Many people tell me that keyword research is not important for becoming an indie publisher but I believe it is specially when you are combining it with the power of blogging and social media marketing. But the key point here is that you need to spend as little time as possible on the keywords that you will be using in your title, description and tags but spend more time working on your title and book cover. This is what will sell your book. Period. Again we will cover more on this when we begin with the launch.
Start building a list from day one. This will help you tremendously with your future launches. Everytime you publish a book and you can send a mail announcing it to your followers. Also it will help a lot while promoting other offers and specials that amazon puts thereto from time to time like Cyber Mondays, Halloweens, Christmas and new year specials and so on. That can result in a boost in your sales.
Off course you can use the list in other ways if you are smart enough and avoid spamming.
Social Media Integration
This is another area that you should indulge into right from day one. I dont have to stress enough how important this is for the success of this epic journey. One of the fastest ways to get traffic and attention to your blogs. And every once in a while things can go viral
So what is the key point you are taking home today ? The Big Setup. The Big Picture. You need to be able to see the big picture clearly and be able to hold that image in your head as clearly as possible. If you can see yourself doing it then and only then you can actually do it.